Menu
AJ4G
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone on DECT Phones

Hi, I am new to Virgin, with a broadband and phone package.  Broadband is fine, but only corded phones will work plugged into the hub.  I have tried two separate DECT phones (which I know work) plugged into the hub, they both light up but there is no Dial tone.  Is this a compatibility issue? One is a BT Xenon, the other a BT Freelance XT 3500.  Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone on DECT Phones

Hello

With what you have been done I would expect that it is a compatibility issue with the phones especially if they are not Digital Phone compatible.

Did some googling for you and the BT Xenon isn't compatible, cannot find any info on the Freelance on that one I would speak to BT as they make the phone.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AJ4G
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks.  Resigned to buying new phones, but how do you tell if they are compatible with VoIP?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The phone have to be  Digital Phone System compatible, normally you would find that information in the specifications. It isn't actually pure VOIP.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AJ4G
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your help, one last question, do you know if my service will work with a BT Advanced Z Cordless phone which features Call Blocking - it has a dedicated button to block callers, and they have to identify themselves before it connects the call?  It requires caller display which I understand is included in my package, but I am wary that it is a BT only service?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7969412?rec=PDP[5426713]:bottomSlider:P1:OHAT:alternative:7969412:DI...

Many thanks

0 Kudos