Menu
planecrazy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.No Dial Tone Again

I appreciate this has already had  similar post but I have been told to start again from scratch even as my symptoms are the same as others..

So here we go:- Friday evening no dial tone.  Spent an hour with help desk, engineer booked for following week.  Text received saying engineer might not be calling as fault found.  Had text to say fault F009417298 had been rectified at midnight on 30-10-2021.  Made a call to check, Sunday morning, seemed OK.  Checked again in the afternoon, no dial tone again.  If you ring the number from a mobile phone rings but won't dial out.  This is obviously a continuation from the original fault that still has some sort of issue.  Area is 03.  Regards Tony

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: .No Dial Tone Again

Hi @planecrazy,

Thank you for the post. I'm really sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your landline service lately.

Are any known issues being reported via our Service Status Dashboard? Along with this, can you confirm if your landline service is connected via the router, or directly via the wall socket?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
planecrazy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach

I've still got the wall box system.  Done all the usual things like using different phone but still think the problem is somewhere else as no service data info at present.  This was also the case when I first phoned in on Friday, the fault then obviously more info and the word got around that there was a problem.

Tony

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @planecrazy,

Thank you for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details to investigate and advise further.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @planecrazy,

Thank you for reaching out via private message so we could take some additional info.

As discussed, I've arranged for an engineer visit to go ahead to get this looked into. We're unable to confirm the date/time of the visit publicly for security reasons, but you can check and confirm via your My Virgin Media account where you can also reschedule it to a more appropriate slot if needed.

Let us know how it goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

planecrazy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As an update the fault fixed itself, so I cancelled the tech visit.  I figure this was an ongoing problem that was being worked on although there was no service status info for my area.  Any way thanks to Zach from the forum team for arranging the tech visit and checking over a few details.

0 Kudos