Menu
Ant2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone - 2021

This concerns a recurrent fault with my Virgin Home Phone "service" that has been plaguing me off and on since 2016.  For the history, see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/No-Dial-Tone-2020/td-p/4459544 and earlier threads mentioned there.

The latest developments are that the phone worked tolerably well following the engineer's visit on 7 December 2020 -albeit with the intermittent outages lasting an hour or so to which I've become accustomed- but the line was found to be dead at 9.40pm yesterday and remains so as I type this.  There is no acknowledgement of any fault at https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status, and the "Run Test" facility there returns the 018916304 outcome ("Our tests didn't find the cause of your problem" etc).

Could someone from VM arrange another engineer visit, please?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone - 2021

Hi Ant2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you are having further issues with your landline, I appreciate there has been previous issues which wasn't showing when you recently ran a test, I can confirm there is currently a know outage which is effecting your phone services.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Ant2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  But  https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status still says "No known issues".  So: a) what is the issue?  b) what is the fix estimate?  c) how can I register for compensation for loss of service?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ant2,

I am sorry all I can see is The line is part of an OUTAGE (LS01) there isn't any further information at this time, I can only advise to keep your eye on our status page. apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Ant2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Further to my last post, service was restored on Monday 11 January.  Virgin actually managed to maintain it for two whole days before, inevitably, the connection was lost again earlier this morning.  As seems to be the norm lately, there is no acknowledgement of the current outage at virginmedia.com/faults/service-status and the "run test" facility yields no additional information.  Presumably this is to prevent customers from registering for compensation for loss of service.

Is anyone able to ascertain the present position, and when the issue might be resolved?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ant2,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I have had a check on the account from our side and can see that there is no open outage for the area but when running a check on the line it appears there could still be an active fault on the line. 

With this in mind I have gone ahead and arranged an appointment for a technician to visit. This has been booked for the next available appointment and you can view or amend this appointment by visiting the Track My Orders section of My Virgin Media. You can access the page here: virg.in/myVM

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Ant2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat - but according to https://my.virginmedia.com/trackorder/view-orders I don't have any open orders or appointments.  Could you just say when you've booked the visit for and I'll make sure I'm available at that time.

I ought perhaps to add that the connection was found to have been restored at some point yesterday afternoon and is still holding as I type this - but, based on recent experience, I don't expect it will last for long.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @Ant2 

Are you able to confirm if the issues is now resolved or do you still require an engineer visit? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Ant2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak.  As I anticipated, the phone went off again about half an hour ago.  So, yes, visit still required.  Could you organise that, and confirm date and time by private message to me?   

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sure can. 

Ill pop you over a PM now. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos