cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin router. I am not having fun.

infidel
Dialled in

Virgin are sending me a new router to plug my phone into. It is to difficult to set up. Is there a existing phone connection on my old router as I have noticed three sockets at the back unused?    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome infidel and please do let us know if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey infidel,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
Your current hub doesn't support telephone lines, so its necessary that we would need to be change your hub to a model that does support that. The sockets in your hub will be ethernet ports, which are also not able to support a telephone line.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Client62
Hero

It is a simple swap over of the existing cables from the current Hub to the new Hub.

For VOIP a Hub (3/4/5) is required with sockets marked TEL 1 & 2  below is a photo of the rear of a Hub 3 showing the phone adaptor.

Client62_0-1675089034687.jpeg

Thanks, I will wait for the new router

You're welcome infidel and please do let us know if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks I have successfully installed my new router.I now have another issue.My landline telephone number has disappeared and after phoning virgin call centre they tell me they have a completely different phone number their system which is nonsense as I have used this number as my contact with virgin foe the last 18 years on is on my billing info with virgin. The call centre chap was insistent and I could not get anywhere with him. Can you help Thanks peter.

Thanks for coming back to us infidel, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks Steven. Regarding the phone landline you kindly sorted Virgin have just acknowledged that my phone number 023807xxxx is the one I have been using with them for the last 20 years but have still not activated it so I still cannot receive any incoming calls. I have contacted the call centre with no luck. The last call I was told It was my fault as I had negotiated a new package with virgin media after speaking to the retentions department.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]