Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New virgin phone customer. (elderly, vulnerable) No phone number and phone not working!

My mum and dad have just had virgin phone and internet connected. internet seems to be working just fine however, the phone line is dead and they have not been told what their phone number is? How do they find out their phone number and how do they log into their virgin account? as when we have tried it, it just keeps coming back to the first register screen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New virgin phone customer. (elderly, vulnerable) No phone number and phone not working!

Hi
If they have just started with a new contract most likely they will have a DOCSIS 3 line. Thank means that in the quick start box there will be a small white/ black adapter which needs to be connected in the back of the SH3 modem in the number 1 grey port. Once they connect the phone, they can dial a mobile and the phone number will be displayed.
Thanks
Rob

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New virgin phone customer. (elderly, vulnerable) No phone number and phone not working!

Hi,

Thanks. They have tried this way round but are using their own phone and not a virgin one. There is no dial tone plugging it in this way either.

They need their own phone as it is a large button phone. It is fixed to the wall in another room and the wiring is fixed to the wall. That little adapter is not long enough to reach into another room to attach their phone to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Any working phone will work with this new DOCSIS line so I would suggest to relocate the phone they have within the reach of the modem and/or either buy a cordless phone or once it's safe book an engineer to have an extension connected for that phone.
Thanks
Rob

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks, they have tried using an extension phone cable to reach the modem directly across the rooms which still did not give a dial tone so they didn't have to move the phone yet, unnecessarily.

They are saying they never received a 'note' through the door with their phone number on it, and they cannot seem to register to view their account online either as it brings them back to the same register screen, i have also tried on their behalf.

They have had no emails about phone line. they have no way of calling anyone for help on this as it is too expensive on a mobile and virgin don't seem to have any online help directly, only this community board.

A call back service or something for direct contact with someone would be useful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
If you can send me a personal message, not reply or quick reply, with the account number, area code/ postcode I'll try and help.
Thanks
Rob

0 Kudos