Menu
Delcwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

New phone

Am trying to connect a phone for the first time. Do I need a special adapter to connect into the router? If so where can I get one.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New phone

Hi Delcwood

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

You'll need to be migrated over to the new way of having a telephone and from the system check your account isn't yet set up for that. 

It'll therefore need to be done via the normal wall socket for now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Delcwood
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply.unfortunately I don’t have a normal socket. I have been with virgin about 4 years and have never bothered with a home phone. I have had a new cable installed in the house,as the old was faulty. So have new phone and no means of connection. If you know what I need to do with my account,that would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us @Delcwood

Just to confirm what socket do you currently have? Are you able to take a photo so we can further look into this for you?

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Delcwood
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I don’t have any.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Delcwood. 

Can we ask when you were first installed with us did our engineer install a phone socket for you? If you had a phone line with your previous provider we normally place the socket next to your original master socket.

Your master socket should look like this here on this link.

Please can you let us know if you have a socket in your home that looks like the one we have sent you on the link. If not please come back to us so we can assist further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Delcwood
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes,but when new cable was installed last week,the old cable was disconnected and socket removed. As a said before,I never used a landline phone,but decided to make use of the service I am paying for. The redundant phone socket was never used.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It strange why the engineer would remove the master socket when you're not yet ready for the migrated phone line Delcwood.

We completely understand you would like a working landline as you are paying of this service. What I am going to so is send you a private message to take some details and get in contact with the area field manager.

We will find out why the technician removed the old cables and master socket, if you are not yet being migrated. We will need to get them to re-attend to get you back up and running.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat so we can sort this out for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Delcwood
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry,my mistake. He didn’t remove the socket. When I moved in the cable was routed under the floorboards to the room furthest from the street. Again I never used the phone socket. He replaced the cable from the box in the street,ran the cable round the skirting board to the other side of the room as I asked him too. The existing faulty cable was CUT OFF rendering the old socket obsolete. This is not the engineers fault. All I want now is to use a phone. You have been very helpful,but this is getting repetitive. It is virtually impossible to talk to anyone on the phone about this.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you feel this way Delcwood,

I have sent an email to the area field managers for you already, but I can just retract this. I did send you a private message to take some details as we would need to get an engineer rebooked for you.

Did you get my last message?

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos