cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone adapter to attach to hub, phone now not working

NFC1of3
Joining in

Landline was switched off on Monday 21st November. I've connected my phone to the hub3 via the new adapter previously provided & followed all instructions. Switched my hub off completely & let it reboot & checked all cables are attached correctly & securely. My phone screen shows "check phone line" - the message it would display when not connected to a landline. There is no dial tone & unable to make calls. Everything else is working, I work from home & broadband is fine. Unable to find a chat option on Virginmedia website to get help as I can't call for help from the landline as it's now not working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @NFC1of3, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the landline issues since the switching over to the router based phone line.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to try an alternative handset in the provided RJ11 adapter?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

Yes, my other handset also shows "check phone line". the line is dead, unable to use the phone, no dial tone. I have disconnected & carefully reconnected everything, rebooted the hub......broadband is working fine as my home PC & work laptop are connected & working. When rebooting the hub all icons showed green & went off after a few minutes & I have the white light at the bottom of the hub as normal.

Thanks for coming back to me @NFC1of3.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and we'll be able to have an engineer booked in for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @NFC1of3, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn