cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line with Virgin - BT number not migrated

paulgibson18
Joining in

Hi,

I just had a landline activated. The line is working, but when I placed the order I asked for my existing number to be migrated from BT and this has not happened. Was this forgotten, or does it take more time?

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paulgibson18

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

This normally takes up to 10 days to complete once the process begins. Is your number and line with your previous provider still active? It will need to be whilst the port processes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The account is still active with BT. The line is currently dead due to a technical problem with the line. This gave me the final push to move it over to Virgin rather than deal with BT support. I'm assuming the account being active with the number is what's required? (the actual current state of the line would not be an issue).

Should I expect some further contact from Virgin on this, or does it just happen in the background?

Hi @paulgibson18

The line being faulty won't make a difference, but the service itself will need to remain active until the port has been completed. Is it expected to remain active for at least 10 days?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the quick reply Zach. Yes it will remain active, I haven't cancelled with BT yet.

Hi @paulgibson18

No problem. So that I can take a closer look at things and offer some peace of mind, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paulgibson18

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could look into things for you. I'm glad that we've been able to address and resolve this.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team