Menu
mroe
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New landline number

Had to change landline number because of abusive calls. I was told by Virgin to telephone 174 or 175 to get my new number. Neither works. So now what do I do?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New landline number

If you have mobile dial the number from your landline and see what comes up. If that doesn't work dial 150 from the phone (the call will be free) select phone faults and go from there. Or wait here for the VM Forum Team to reach this thread and help investigate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ring your mobile from your landline for the caller ID or phone a friend/family member?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mroe,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your new landline number.

What happens when you call 174 or 175? Do you receive any kind of error message?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mroe

Have you taken the advice given by our fantastic community?  I am sorry, I appreciate it may not be ideal, but it will give you instant access to your number, whilst we attempt to find out why dialling the number has not worked.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos