Menu
andysixfive
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New landline number

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a new landline number and if so what would it cost?  Reason for asking is I get calls from people looking for a painter decorator all the time and its getting slightly annoying now. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Steve_O1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New landline number

Hi andysixfive,

You definitely can get a new landline number with us. During the current pandemic this could prove difficult and time consuming though. So I would like and urge you to persevere for now.

And in respects to cost; I can only speak from experience with mobile as I had to change numbers due to cold callers and that cost me £5. But this may not be the same as landline and it may not cost anything at all.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

andysixfive
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply and the advice, will let this all blow over and speak to virgin about it then.

Thanks
Andy
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have heard of customers getting this done for free.

However, doing this should be treated with caution. All landline telephone numbers are recycled & re-used in a process that can take as little as 3 months from another customer giving their line up. If there is high demand for numbers & the "pool" of numbers allocated to Virgin in an STD code area is low then the turnaround time has to be reduced. Therefore there is always the risk of changing to a number where the problem may be even worse than the one you gave up.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos