cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation

Mumspackage
Joining in

Hi, I am looking for advice re my elderly Mums installation.

I had ordered a second emergency line to be installed as she has an emergency call plan with a pendant.

I had also asked for her to retain her telephone number that she has had for over 50 years.

The engineer arrived on the 6th Jan 2023 and fitted the broadband and TV with no problems.

He was reluctant to modify the existing telephone line due to my Mums pendant, he also informed us she had a new number. He suggested we call the help line.

We called the help line and arranged for her telephone number to be transferred on the 18th Jan 2023, at present the original line appears to be connected via Talktalk that she is still being charged for. My question is will the original line be dead on the 18th as that is linked to several other phones throughout the house as she has mobility problems? If yes do we need to arrange another engineer to visit and link the new telephone line to the exiting wiring?  The new telephone (big white one with an internal battery) is beside the TV and very difficult for her to access. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mumspackage 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you here 😊

In order for us to port the number across, the line with the previous provider needs to be active. 

Once transferred to us, this number will be active with us not Talk Talk. 

I can see your Mums landline service is on our fibre network. The best arrangement for the 21CV connection is with a cordless phone system.
Plug the base station into the hub then use as many satellite cordless phones as required.

Alternatively, we can book an engineer to come out an install extensions. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mumspackage 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you here 😊

In order for us to port the number across, the line with the previous provider needs to be active. 

Once transferred to us, this number will be active with us not Talk Talk. 

I can see your Mums landline service is on our fibre network. The best arrangement for the 21CV connection is with a cordless phone system.
Plug the base station into the hub then use as many satellite cordless phones as required.

Alternatively, we can book an engineer to come out an install extensions. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Many thanks for the reply.

I think she has 3 cordless phones linked to a basestation at present, it might be easier to add to these providing they work on the new line. Will find out hopefully on Wednesday. I didn't want to change them over until her old number was transfered to the new line as this number is also linked to her call package.

Many thanks again.

PS she loves her new TV box with the ability to record more than 1 programme at a time, much better than her previous box!

You're very welcome - do keep us posted so we can offer further support if required.

Glad to hear she's loving her new TV box 😃

Ayisha_B
Forum Team