Menu
talbotsetters
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New handset

New customer - been told by online engineer that I need a new landline handset (I can phone out but incoming calls don’t ring out). He said I need an “IMS registered, DOCSIS line, 21 series” phone. I’ve tried googling that, but I’m getting nowhere. Does anyone know what I need to buy? Thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New handset

Hi talbotsetters, thanks for the message, can you take a look at the following post here Chris 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@talbotsetters wrote:

Does anyone know what I need to buy? Thanks

Presumably you are plugging straight into the back of the hub?

When you say 'incoming calls don't ring out', do you get a display on the phone showing the caller ID information for an incoming call but simply don't hear any ringer sound to alert you?

If you answer the phone on an incoming call, are you able to hold a conversation (even though you don't hear the ringer to alert you)?

Are you able to try a different telephone handset (borrowed from a friend, family, neighbour) to see if you get a ringing sound on an incoming call with a different phone?

0 Kudos
talbotsetters
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now, thanks!
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad you have sorted your problem. For the benefit of anyone reading this topic in the future, are you able to say what your issue was and how you managed to resolve it?

I assume it didn't involve buying an “IMS registered, DOCSIS line, 21 series” phone!

0 Kudos
talbotsetters
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, just any old new one (the cheapest Argos had to offer)! Bit of a coincidence that my handset packed up at exactly the same time that we changed over... but hey! Virgin DID need to do something initially as we had no line at all. After all morning on another phone, we eventually got an outgoing line - on a different number - but no incoming (which was sorted by the new handset). Considering part of my deal was a landline AND I had asked for my old number to be carried over, I was less than impressed with VM! If they sell you something, to my mind, a supplier should make sure it is working before they abandon you!
0 Kudos
talbotsetters
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I did need to buy a new handset, bit of a coincidence. But all good now. Also had to accept a new number, even though I had asked to port it over...
0 Kudos