cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibrephone. Now need an extra socket for phone near to hub???

richkathy
Tuning in

Just received fibre connector 2 inches long. To be connected to hub and phone moved?? No extra power socket near to hub 1/2 way up my study wall!!!???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks that at least would  be a sensible approach

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @richkathy,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With regards to the landline connector this connects between the existing phone wire and the Hub, we would ask where possible to relocate the phone to where the Hub currently is, does the telephone wire you presently have not provide enough length for this to be connected to an alternative power outlet? If not what we are able to do is go about moving your Hub to a more suitable location for both the phone and the Hub.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

My problem is that i organised a new socket to feed a 3 plug extension to my hub. My existing power point & my phone is located 6 feet way in the hall. (another room!) In my study, my hub is head height on a shelf with 3 sockets 1 hub,1 tv, and 1 for the virgib tv box. I am reluctant to put a double adaptor onto one of the already extended arrangment! Then to find a new position fo rth ephon

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @richkathy,

With this as stated all I would be able to do with this is go about providing the option for a technician to visit to help rewire your landline so that it can work in its current area, if you do want me to look into this just let me know and we can arrange this.

Joe

Thanks that at least would  be a sensible approach

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @richkathy,

For me to do this I am going to send you a quick private message so that we can go about arranging this there, I would also advise removing your number from the previous post for privacy reasons.

Joe

richkathy
Tuning in

Expected to receive by now engineer visit details?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @richkathy,

Glad we could have that private message and book through the technician for you. If you do need to go about changing your appointment you can do so by visiting our website here.

Joe