cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre phone line

Paulm2107
Joining in

Call centre don’t seem to understand the problem. My router is upstairs in a front bedroom. My phone is in the dining room at the back of the house. I have received the new fibre phone adapter but the connections are different. The phone is not connected to the router in the way they think it is. There are only three connections in the rear of the router. 1 Power supply. 1 Ethernet connected to PC. 3 coaxial type lead to old style tv box which is also in the same bedroom

I suspect that the phone is connected to a small outside Virgin box where the main fibre connection supply is. It’s been like that for about 25 years when it was first installed by NTL. So I asked call centre for a solution as no way with the approximate 1 metre lead on the phone connect about 25 metres away. There answer a long lead which would have to go all round the house or outside along the wall back in downstairs and through the lounge to the dining room. I asked if an engineer could call me so I could explain my situation and hopefully they could suggest an answer. What do I get in the post, you’ve guessed it a longer lead and no call from an engineer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Paulm2107,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline and trying to resolve the issues that you're experiencing. 

We can arrange an engineer visit to get this looked into and as it would be part of the migration to the fibre network and it also sounds like you have an older model of hub that would need to be replaced. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L