Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre line

ColinJParsons
Joining in

Screenshot_20230609_211616_Google.jpg

Hi,

Can you confirm something for me,  I'm on weekend chatter and just up graded my phone line to the new fibre line, in the package was a leaflet (picture attached of first pages) that says "oodles of inclusive calls, everyone gets inclusive call to:"  3rd line says "0870 numbers **"  Under ** at the bottom of the page it says  0870 numbers subject to limit of 1000 minutes or 150  calls per 30 day rolling days" 

Is this right, I can now call 0870 numbers the weekend?

Regards 

Colin

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ColinJParsons 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

This would be correct as per the leaflet 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ColinJParsons wrote:

Screenshot_20230609_211616_Google.jpg

Hi,

Can you confirm something for me,  I'm on weekend chatter and just up graded my phone line to the new fibre line, in the package was a leaflet (picture attached of first pages) that says "oodles of inclusive calls, everyone gets inclusive call to:"  3rd line says "0870 numbers **"  Under ** at the bottom of the page it says  0870 numbers subject to limit of 1000 minutes or 150  calls per 30 day rolling days

Is this right, I can now call 0870 numbers the weekend?

Regards 

Colin

The clue is highlighted. 1000 minutes or 150 calls per 30 days (ie a billing month) rolling. So your calls are inclusive if you do not exceed the number of minutes or number of calls per month, no matter what time/day you make them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks,  just needed to confirm this, as I called Virgin helpline and the said no i don't get inclusive 0870 at weekends and will charged @ .24ppm. Told them about the booklet that came with the adapter but They were adamant that I didn't get this on my phone.

Cheers 

Colin

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If there is anything we can do to help, Colin - please let us know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

@ColinJParsons wrote:

Thanks,  just needed to confirm this, as I called Virgin helpline and the said no i don't get inclusive 0870 at weekends and will charged @ .24ppm. Told them about the booklet that came with the adapter but They were adamant that I didn't get this on my phone.

Cheers 

Colin

Check what your actual package is.

The legacy 'Talk Weekends' package used to include 0870 numbers subject to those fair-usage terms

If you are on the current 'Weekend Chatter', this page

https://www.virginmedia.com/landline

at the very bottom dropdown for 'Landline' says 0870 is excluded as does the tariff guide page 3

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010123_Eve...

shows the 24ppm charge you have mentioned.

Hi @ColinJParsons thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to your questions regarding calls to 0870, we cannot add anything to what the fantastic goslow has provided you. Sorry if you have conflicting information. If you need any further assistance, please do get back to us. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

The leaflet is incorrect,   I've used the an 0870 number last month and been charge for the calla.

The leaflet is incorrect,  I've called 0870 number last month and now been charged.

The leaflet is incorrect,  I've called 0870 number last month and now been charged