Menu
mikes397
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer - transferring existing landline number

Really hope someone can help or supply a contact number for someone who can!

I joined VM on the 25th of last month. All has gone well except moving my landline from current provider to VM. Didn't hear anything from VM for a couple of weeks so contacted existing provider to see if they had been contacted directly by VM - no they hadn't. 

Tried to ring VM customer service and after 10 min of 'very busy' gave up and tried using the text service instead. Didn't hear back for 24 hours, and then only another text to confirm ID. Not had any other text since...

After about a week waiting for a 'response text' rang VM customer service team. Again after a long wait (with a message suggesting I use the text service as its faster!!) I got through. The chap at the other end send there was nothing outstanding on my setup and was about to hangup when I said whoa... I asked for the number to be transferred and had the email confirmation when I first applied to prove it. He then said OK I'll transfer you to the port team. The transfer was to an automated message that said this line was no longer in use. The automated message then gave a number to ring (I was using my mobile) but it was garbled and impossible to make out and then disconnected me.

By then pretty fed up as still no transfer and was heading into another billing period from my current provider when I shouldn't have, so raised a complaint on the 9th July. Not heard anything from that either. Have had several missed calls from a VM support number (I can't take personal calls at work) but not once has any of them left even a basic message. Yesterday tried to return one of these calls and its the standard customer support number - and again its the "very busy" response, and after a wait of several minutes I hung up.

Does anyone have a number for the team who manage the landline transfer process as I don't seem to be getting anywhere?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - transferring existing landline number

Hi Mikes397,

Sorry to hear about your experiencing trying to move your landline number to us and the frustration caused.

Is your landline still active with the other Provider? I ask because we can only port active numbers.

Please let us know as if it's active we should be able to arrange this for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
mikes397
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Yes the phone line is still active. As per the initial instruction from VM when I signed up I did not cancel the line, as I understood VM contacted the existing provider to request the transfer on my behalf. I also took it that upon receiving the request my current provider then takes this as notice to terminate my contract with them.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this Mike, 

I have now sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos