Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New customer porting land-line number

Hi, I've recently transferred from Talktalk, signing up for TV, broadband and phone.

I selected to transfer my current land-line number and selected the self set up.

I've set up my hub and TV box and these are working fine but have not yet moved my phone onto the hub because I still have a dial tone and can use my phone on the original line so it's obviously not been moved over yet. I've had an email from Talktalk advising that my service is going to end on the 10th Feb and I was wondering when I might expect the phone line to be ported over?

I've read that if my previous service is cancelled before my phone line is transferred I'll lose my number forever. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer porting land-line number

You might find your Virgin line is operational on a temporary number until the port takes place.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer porting land-line number

Hello Drshaw008

Thanks for your post. It's great to hear you have decided to join us. 

When a new customer joins us and requests for their landline number to be carried over 

There will be a time of around 10 days for the transfer once you have activated your account. 

We do issue you with a temporary number until the change takes place 

Once your Talk Talk line is dead, you can plug your handset into our Hub

Can you please keep us posted if the situation is still the same in the next 7 days 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos