Menu
rwm1962
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New customer - phone won't take incoming calls - at risk customer

My parents, in their 80's, have signed up with Virginmedia for phone, tv & broadband.

The engineer connected the phone but can't have tested it.  Not been able to get incoming calls since the install.   If they put it back on the old socket they used for talktalk it is fine.  How long that will remain active is unknown.

I've spent over 2 hours on hold with Virgin & had to abandon pursuing it by phone.

How can we get this sorted in a timely manner?  They're not best at tech so ideally I need to be there.  Can a member of support staff message me re this please?

0 Kudos
rwm1962
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - phone won't take incoming calls - at risk customer

Five minutes after I posted it started to work. Is it normal for phone not to take incoming calls for 3 days after install?
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - phone won't take incoming calls - at risk customer

Hey there rwm1962,

Sorry for the delay in receiving telephone calls and any concern you have had. It doesn't usually take that long but there may have been an issue with the network details and the routing which our system checks and Switch Team checks. 

Please monitor it and us know if there are any issues with the calls so we can check.

Thanks,

Lisa