Menu
RuthCh
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New customer - no dial tone yet

I've been a new customer since end of March 2020, and there was a bit of a delay setting up my home phone line because I was transferring a previous BT number. I got a text confirmation 3rd April that my phone services would soon be ready and that my new no. would be the BT no. and have not heard anything since. I have not had a dial tone since signing up to Virgin. The phone itself was working OK with the BT line.

I am plugged into the phone 1 socket on my Hub 3.0, the hub is working fine. I have also tried plugging the phone into an old NTL socket, but still no dial tone. I have checked my service level, and there are no known issues.

Something must be active with the phone line as I have now got 4 messages indicated on my phone, so people can ring into the line and leave a message. I cannot access the messages as I have no dial tone. The phone lights up as a message comes in, but the phone does not ring. All the volume controls are set to full, and the ringtone works, but not when I get a call.

Not sure if my phone has been fully activated yet, or if I have a fault?

Help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DomGMR97551
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - no dial tone yet

Hi 

Hi,

I am a tech working from home at the moment I would like to help you.

If you can please PM me with the account number including the area code (found at the top of the bill) I can run some tests for you!

Hope this helps

Dom

Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos