cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New adapter no dial tone?

mamachill
Dialled in

Hi Our date to switch over to the  main phone being connected to the router is today 27/3/23, I tried it but there is no dial tone, I've switched the back off and on again twice and waited but stlll no dial tone, everything's connected fine  and there's power on the phone as the LED screen is flashing Check Line & also new message waiting etc.  I checked status online but it says there are no issues & there's a green tick by the phone symbol saying its all fine. So i took the phone back downstairs & phoned Virgin but a recorded status says there's problems with broadband and phone in our area. Our broadband is working fine so surely the phone should get the dial tone too once connected to the router???  Thanks in advance for any response. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mamachill 👋

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that your phone services are not working the way they should be 😓. You have done everything perfectly, the only issue that does remain is that there is a slight issue in your area. While it does state that there is an issue in your area with both phone and broadband is just a standard response due to them both being connected with the new phone system and can be subjective with the customer as to which would be affected. 

You have said that your broadband is not affected which is wonderful 😊, but as for phone you are being affected by the outage in your area. Did the message state an estimated fix date for the outage as well? If it did, then I would wait for the outage to be resolved and then run through the installation process of your adapter again and check for a dial tone. 

Here is the reference number for the outage in your area: F010558820. The estimated fix date is: 28/03/23, 09:10hrs.

Keep us updated of this.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ashokv
Joining in

I also have a very similar issue. Awaiting response from VM.

They don't give a time frame or anything, so not sure if at a certain time they have to do something their end to switch us over so that we get a ringtone, how the hell they call this all progress i do not know. 

Hi @mamachill 👋

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that your phone services are not working the way they should be 😓. You have done everything perfectly, the only issue that does remain is that there is a slight issue in your area. While it does state that there is an issue in your area with both phone and broadband is just a standard response due to them both being connected with the new phone system and can be subjective with the customer as to which would be affected. 

You have said that your broadband is not affected which is wonderful 😊, but as for phone you are being affected by the outage in your area. Did the message state an estimated fix date for the outage as well? If it did, then I would wait for the outage to be resolved and then run through the installation process of your adapter again and check for a dial tone. 

Here is the reference number for the outage in your area: F010558820. The estimated fix date is: 28/03/23, 09:10hrs.

Keep us updated of this.

Hi thank-you for responding,really  appreciated, no the automated service just said it was a major issue and there was no fix time at present. I will wait though and try again when the issue is fixed and see what happens then and will update you either way. Thanks again

UPDATE: Hi just tried connecting it again and now have a ring tone &  it's working. Thanks 🙂 

Excellent, thanks for the update mamachill and glad to hear this is nor working again. Monitor it and let us know if you need us further 🙂

Rob