Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Phone Line cutting out after about 30 minutes

My new VM land line cuts off after about 30 minutes. I get a click and then silence. This happens for incomming and outgoing calls. Since it takes about the same time to get through to VM, it means that I cannot really have a meaningful conversation with any one.

This is very unsatisfactory.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Phone Line cutting out after about 30 minutes

Hello JohnEpton,

I'm sorry to hear about your landline issue with the calls cutting off. I've had a peek at your details using the information we have on here and can see that there is an outage in your area that may be affecting your landline. Can I ask whether the line cuts off 100% on every call, regardless of the time of day and on all inbound and outbound calls? Or do some last longer?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lisa

Thanks for your reply.

I would be surprised if an outage was causing this. I have been seeing it for a few days.

When I pick up the phone to use it, it is always available and behaves normally initially.

On a call, at around 25 to 35 minutes into the call, there is a buzz or click and the phone goes silent for both parties but is still connected.This happens with both incoming and outgoing calls. So far this has happened around lunchtime and yesterday around tea time. After it has happened, the phone appears to be available and 'normal' next time it is used.

If the call is short, (less than 20 minutes), it behaves normally. I have not tried to make a call lasting longer than 35 minutes.

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks.

As there is an outage in your area, I've asked our 2nd Line Faults Team to take a look at it to make sure the routing is looking okay. We're not sure yet if it's a physical issue or related to the outage but they'll check. The may call you if necessary and it can take 48 hours from Monday for them to take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos