Menu
sigh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Package, No Home Phone.

Hi, I took out a package with home phone, broadband and tv recently. The broadband and tv work great since the install/activation date 16th December 2020, however the phone line hasn't worked at all. Each time (four-five) I have rang up I have been told its being activated or switched on the next day (this included being told it will be turned on Christmas Day). 

In the super hub 3 it tells me telephony is disabled, however I can see "Talk more anytime" as expected on my package details. 

No dial tone or noise at all, if I try to dial some numbers (like 147 or whatever it is to find my own number) it just beeps a few times and then nothing. 

The phone is connected to the super hub in the first telephone port. I have tried the second as well and with a couple of different phone cables with no change or difference.

We also have an old virgin phone port on the wall from a previous virgin install and that one doesn't work either, I am working of the idea that the new line would only work via the super hub, but again I tried it a few times just to check.

There don't appear to be any faults in my area (20) whenever I have checked, and the phone itself worked with the previous provider and virgin before that.

Can someone from virgin message me for account details and look into this further for me?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Package, No Home Phone.

Hi sigh, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone service. I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right  of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
sigh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any progress on this other than also disabling my broadband?

0 Kudos
sigh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband back on, still no phone. 2 hours call time so far and you’ve sent through a new contract without any explanation. 

0 Kudos
sigh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Full service now as expected. 

0 Kudos