cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IP Phone issues

Fbg999
Just joined

We have recently been moved from the old copper cable to the fibre for our home phone.

Since then we have not had a phone as the router is in the office upstairs and the home phone is downstairs in the front room, we have a Cat 6 cable from upstairs into the front room with a hub in there so wanted to plug a VOIP phone into one of the network sockets on the hub but cant get it to work.

Is there anything that can be done so we can use our network rather than wiring in the old copper system in the property so the old sockets will work for analogue phones, this sort of defeats the object of upgrading from copper to IP.

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fbg999.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the new fibre phone. 

There is a solution at hand don't worry.

We can arrange for an engineer to attend and connect the original socket up to the hub.

I will need to pass security first though if you wish to get this booked in.

If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Client62
Legend

"wanted to plug a VOIP phone into one of the network sockets on the hub but cant get it to work"

Not having any SIP account details for the VM VOIP platform, I'm curious how you proceeded.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fbg999.

I know you may be busy and not had chance to reply yet to the private message I sent.

I am able to help if you still need the line looking at.

Gareth_L