cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4 - Telephone Disabled

Hezza86
Tuning in

Looks like we have a similar issue others have had. 

We have been sent out a HUB 4 (which I'm now wondering why when HUB 5 is now being rolled out) we have connected the hub a week past Tuesday ( 9th November) but we have no landline working. 

The instructions say to plug in the cable from the box, there was no cable in the box. We already had the phone as we have been virgin customers for a few years now. I have unplugged and plugged the phone back in but I'm still getting the message "line cord error" and no dialling tone. 

If someone calls our house phone it rings for them until it disconnects but the phones in the actual house are not ringing. 

What can we do to get this sorted? 

I have noticed some discrepancy's on speed checkers since getting the new hub installed also (over wifi) I kept an eye on speed on the previous HUB as I am now working from home and Ive had video call issues and although im no longer getting issues on video calls the speed checkers I have looked at are all giving me different results and some have very very low speeds being recorded and others record high speeds. It all seems a little strange and coincidental that its happening since the new Hub was installed.  

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hezza86

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the landline not working. Can you confirm to clear up the confusion, the landline is now plugged into the router? 

Have you opted into Volt benefits at all? If so and your broadband speed has gone to 1Gig, you'd be sent a new hub 4 router.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hey, 

I'm honestly not sure, our house phones are plugged into the wall to a phone socket, we have several throughout the house. everything was set up by an engineer when we first got virgin installed several years ago. 

We have signed up to volt things, I received many emails as we are both virgin and o2 customers. We were already on 600 broadband package so unsure if we have been moved to the 1gig package now. 

I have done another speed check using www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk and currently its showing 16.75 Mb/s for download and 36.86 Mb/s for upload over wifi and im sitting next to the Hub. In comparison 2 months ago it was showing 37.35 Mb/s download and 1362.65 Mb/s upload speeds at the same time of day. (don't get me wrong I've not noticed any issues with the internet when using it, I just feel its a bit strange) although my wifi did just go down about half an hour ago and Ive just had to wait on it all coming back online. 

Thanks

Heather

Thanks for coming back to me, Heather. @Hezza86

Let me PM you now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Hezza86, 

Thanks for coming back to us via private message. 

Checking the IT ticket John raised, the latest update on this was that the team were still working on things. 

I have popped John an email asking him to update you as soon as he has any update. 

Apologies for the wait and rest assured, John will be in touch with you soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs