cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone

Youngie47
Joining in

My Intruder Alarm is connected to my Landline. How do I connect it to my Hub in a different location?

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Youngie47

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Hope you are okay, as for connecting this to your hub in a different location, can you elaborate on what you mean - this would plug in as normal but the landline would just run through the hub and any other devices would need to be adapted to fit into the setup whether this means having cordless phones etc.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis_M

Thanks for replying to my enquiry.

I have Cordless Phone and that is not a problem, I will just connect the Base Station directly into the Hub.

I have an Intruder Alarm which is connected to my existing Land Line, i.e. if the alarm is activated, the alarm system sends a voice message to me and to my neighbours.

How can I connect the alarm system to the Hub, when they are at opposite sides of the house?

Regards,

Youngie47

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Youngie47

Thank you for the response

This would depend on if the alarm is compatible with the 21CV system, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer to see what the best possible solution is and to see if the alarm is compatible as unfortunately if not, all of our customers are being migrated to the 21CV service so there isn't much we can do if not compatible.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs