cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Line

ewhitey
Superfast

I'm most likely repeating something here or discussing something that's already disscused so apologies in advance.

I have received my adapter for this and I'm not looking forward to this change as going by some of the posts here, it's an additional headache on top of previous ones.

The first issue is that I'm not too tech savvy and having read the leaflet I believe Houston has another problem.

My wall socket is in the front lounge and my Hub is in the back bedroom. I have this phone  https://www.pmctelecom.co.uk/panasonic-kx-tg8421-digital-cordless-phone-answering-machine/  with two handsets. The main base is presently connected to the wall socket and the other base is simply plugged into the kitchen electric plug socket for power - no additional phone line or anything. How or can I connect this up as I can't rewire the whole set up...My Hub is central and everything runs out all over the house - It would be a major nightmare if I had to move this Hub?  I am quite worried about all this and additionnally I will need an emergency number back up as well because my partner is very unwell with Cancer. Looking forward to hearing from you and hoping for your support. Also due to this none of us work and (like most) money is at a premium so I can't afford to get special fibre phones or pay for an engineeer to reroute the house. Sorry for the long windedness and thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem, 

As advised we can modify the wiring for yourself. 

So we can get this sorted I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

On it now thanks 😉

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem,

Apologies as the envelope icon is not purple anymore, it will however be at the top right hand side of the forum.

Regards,

Kain

Think I lost you on chat - I've been waiting for a bit now with no reply to me security details.. :W

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me over our private messaging function @ewhitey, and I'm pleased we've been able to make progress on this for you.

Do please keep us updated and we'll be on hand to assist where required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Will do and thanks for your support 😉