cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adapter

Mulldog
Dialled in

My elderly parents have just received their adapter and I have been charged with setting it up.

Unfortunately the hub and the telephone are on separate floors. It is not feasible to move the hub from its location upstairs as it is already wired and placed in the optimum position to serve the office PC and the house Wifi.

Essentially some sort of hub/device is required at the phone cable point of entry to connect the phone to the fibre network.

Their switch over date is the 27th. My disabled mother is on every vulnerable customer services list going so I'd rather they weren't left with this problem for too long.

I would be grateful if a VM employee could DM me to arrange an appointment please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Both of our folks are in their late 80s and this is what they have ...  a 3 handset cordless phone, the base connects to the Hub, the other to handsets can then be placed where is most handy and can be freely used in the house and garden.   

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mulldog,

Thank you for your post. We can certainly look into getting an engineer out to look into this. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Mulldog
Dialled in

Will reply now Martin

Client62
Legend

Both of our folks are in their late 80s and this is what they have ...  a 3 handset cordless phone, the base connects to the Hub, the other to handsets can then be placed where is most handy and can be freely used in the house and garden.   

Mulldog
Dialled in

All sorted now. We're on the fibre phone network.

Hello Mulldog.

Thank you for letting us know about the Fibre phone now being sorted.

Should you need anything else. please let us know.

Gareth_L

Mulldog
Dialled in

My parents are now being fleeced for £25!!! Martin (or anyone else). I need a swift resolution to this or I will be straight onto the Ombudsman.Please contact me via DM.

The command of English and grammar from the Virgin Resolutions Team is quite frankly appalling:

"

Your complaint was:
Cable -> Billing/Charges -> I don't understand or agree with charges on my bill

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
We understand you're unhappy as well dispute for having billed £25.00 engineer call out fee, all of which caused you the hassle for having chased us to waive the charges as was not mentioned. We apologise as well regret the inconvenience however may have caused you due to this but as per record, the charges stand valid as per company norms for an engineer visit, £25.00 which is the standard minimum charge. Also our outage communicator detected a known outage affecting your area for which you might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you, estimated to be done by 19/07/2023 at 16:00 GMT. Post which the account shall also be assessed for VM auto compensation to check if it's eligible for any loss of service credit. We request you to please go through the following link to know more about our auto compensation scheme as stated:"

@Mulldog wrote:

My elderly parents have just received their adapter and I have been charged with setting it up.

Unfortunately the hub and the telephone are on separate floors. It is not feasible to move the hub from its location upstairs as it is already wired and placed in the optimum position to serve the office PC and the house Wifi.

Essentially some sort of hub/device is required at the phone cable point of entry to connect the phone to the fibre network.

Their switch over date is the 27th. My disabled mother is on every vulnerable customer services list going so I'd rather they weren't left with this problem for too long.

I would be grateful if a VM employee could DM me to arrange an appointment please.

@Mulldog wrote:

goslow
Alessandro Volta

While waiting for a VM forum team reply ...

You can share your unhappy and hopeless complaint experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM last week specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

Hi Mulldog,

Sorry to hear of the charges applied to your parents account following the recent changes, we're eager to look into this for you.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details to investigate. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob