Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Customer - Can make outbound calls but phone doesn't ring on inbound

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help as I've been trying to get through to customer services for 2 days now with no success (5.5 hours spent on 5 calls only be disconnected each time).

I had phone/tv/broadband installed on Saturday.  All good so far. 

No phone calls were received for 24 hours which is admitted very rare in this house!  This prompted me to test the phone and whilst I get a dial tone and can make outbound calls the phone doesn't ring on an inbound call.  I've tried calling the landline from my mobile and is appears to ring but no incoming call is heard/shows on the landline. 

I have Panasonic base station connected to the router via a grey cable.  There are 2 other handsfree phones around the house which normally connect to the single base station.  I don't have another phone I can use to test but the phone was working fine on Saturday morning via BT.  The phone is definitely not on 'silent'!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer - Can make outbound calls but phone doesn't ring on inbound

Are you using a VM adapter to connect phone to the hub? Could be a similar issue as below (although most modern phones do not require the ringing capacitor in the adapter)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/No-Ringtone-on-Landline-Phone/m-p/4482905

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the swift reply.  Yes, I am using the VM adapter.

Oddly enough, I've just tested again and the good news is that the phone is now ringing!  No idea what caused it but very happy I don't have to listen to anymore hold music.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Did you migrate a previous phone number over to VM? I think I may have read on some previous posts about a delay on inbound ringing until the number transfer is complete. No worries though if it is now working.

0 Kudos