Menu
kimpercy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Need to book engineer appointment

Hi there,

Similar to others on this forum we have exhausted all options to get our land line working since we moved to Virgin Media in October 2019. Since then we have wasted many hours on chats and our mobiles, but still no phone line. I would like to book an engineer appoint asap.

Kim 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to book engineer appointment

Hello Kim,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the phone line issues. Can you advise more about this so we can assist further? Is there no dial tone, is there a crackly line? We'll do some tests here first and if needed then book an engineer visit.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
kimpercy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

All of this has already been done over last few months. Basically the issue is that there is no dial tone nor can anyone call us.  We have written to the CEO of Virgin but to no avail. We now just want to pay the £99 and get an engineer or we will have no alternative to cancel the direct debit service.

Thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

£99 is for non fault call outs - paying that is not the correct option - wait for VM on here to get back to you and hopefully they can get things sorted

Tony
0 Kudos
kimpercy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Honestly we have tried for 4 months and continue to just get through to automated services with no real person that we can speak to. It's beyond frustrating.  

I presume you mean that someone from VM will come back to me - do you have any idea of how long before a real person from Virgin can address this? Sorry I haven't used this before and not sure the protocol.

Thank you

Kim

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

you have had a reply from one of the VM people in message 2 - so go back to that and give the info @John_GS asks for - once he has that he should get back to you

Tony
0 Kudos
kimpercy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

We have lived at the same property for 14 hours and have always used BT for phone and wifi. In Oct 2019 we switched to Virgin due to poor wifi performance with BT and also switched our land line. The engineer came and set the wifi and said that he had set up the phone and that it should work within the next 24 hours. Something to do with the BT line needing to turn off and the Virgin line (we were keeping our same number) to take over. 

Well the landline never worked from this point on.  There is no dial tone and we have been online with Virgin for countless hours for them to run diagnostics, but we are never able to get a resolution.  This is hence why I feel that an engineer is the next step. We need to have a technically qualified person come and resolve it.

Let me know what you need.

Kim

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

can i ask a couple of questions - where are you plugging the phone into - did VM fit a new telephone box internally - in some areas last year they went to VOIP which means the phone plugs into the hub3

installs today are fully VOIP

Tony
0 Kudos
kimpercy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

VM did not fit a new telephone box internally. They plugged the cord into the same internal wall Box that the BT line went into.  That cord is then plugged into the hub3.

Thanks,

Kim

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

can you post some photos as i am not clear on that - they should not be using any of the BT system - if the wall box is an extension from the main BT box then maybe it would work 

2020-02-02 14.16.35 192.168.0.1 90130635c931.png

Tony
0 Kudos