Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NO phone after upgrade to digital VOIP

HI 

Back on November 23rd 2019 a Virgin engineer came to 'upgrade' my phone line to digital i.e. using the Hub 3.0. However at the time he was unable to get a dial tone stating the migration might take a couple of hrs. This was both using my ancient binatone trend handset and his own. However this never got fixed. Following numerous calls to technical services the issue still could not be resolved and an engineer was called out in December. He stated the migration had a known issue with 'point' numbers and he would escalate the issue. However again nothing was resolved and the same engineer was called out earlier this month with the same conclusion. UK technical services called back saying it 'should' work but evidently doesn't. I received an email stating I would receive compensation for the loss of service but that the issue was 'fixed' which it clearly isn't. No calls can be received or made since 23NOV19. I also note my contract was extended following the 'upgrade'. Again called customer services and again an engineer is expected this weekend. 

Could it be simply an incorrect analogue to digital phone adaptor provided by the engineer or are there other instances of this service simply not working. Can the ancient handset be alternately incompatible?

All lights light up green on rebooting the hub however on running the phone check it states their maybe a wiring issue. Broadband has worked fine throughout so I'm at a loss how to proceed if the engineer fails to fix it 3rd time round.

Many thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO phone after upgrade to digital VOIP

Hello mantben

I am very sorry to hear that, Does your phone have an adapter to plug into the hub?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for looking into this. Yes there is an adaptor plugged into port 1 provided by the engineer on the back of the hub and the old analogue phone is plugged into that

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to take a further look into this by checking your account. Look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and please get back to me when you can & we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos