Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

NO TELEPHONE LINE

HI, i joined virgin on 10/10/20, from bt, i have internet and  tv channels but no phone line. no number,

nothing,  i brought my number from bt, ive tried loads of messages, calls from my mobile, over an hour every time i try to speak to somebody, please help,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO TELEPHONE LINE

Hi mrbob1,

Welcome to the Community Forum.

I'm sorry to hear there's been a few problems with your landline since switching over to us from BT, I do hope all of your other services are working and you are satisfied with them.

Is your landline currently still active with BT? Did we also advise of a date which your landline will switch over to us? This can usually take up to 14 days, although I appreciate you joined us on 10th October.

Let me know,

Beth

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi beth,

the number is no longer with bt,and no ,no one advised me when phone would change over,niether did they give me a phone line with emergency number,

thanks  bob

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

did you cancel the BT line or did you let it cancel when the number was ported

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrbob1

Do you know who the original owner of the number is?  As in, is the number in question from BT originally?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yes me, it came from virgin when i went to bt and then back again.bt hasnt got it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin Media or one of the previous companies Virgin Media took over, originally provided the number?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i cancelled bt told them i was joining virgin with my number,virgin started on 10/10/20,bt finished 26/10/20,
i spoke to a person at virgin ,he said the numbers been alloted to me but not ported
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

But was it originally a Virgin Media or one of the companies Virgin Media purchased in 2007, that provided the number?  If it is and the number is no longer with BT, then there's a good chance the number is in some 'pool' with Virgin Media.  Which means we can locate and assign it. .

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yes virgin number for 19 years, cheers
0 Kudos