Menu
MarkyPB
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

NO SERVICE SINCE DEC.

Reported no service late Dec. First engineer called 07.01 and did nothing but comfirm problem was not due to our equipment. Next day I get an email saying problem is fixed and that I will get two days compensation. Problem not fixed!!!

Since then we have had one visit missed, three more engineer visits, one completely out of the blue and yet we are still without our landline. Checking my Virgin account there is an odd outsatnding appointment 27.01 for broadband, which is working but nothing new about the phone.

Questions for Virgin:

When will you fix my phone?

Why did you claim it was fixed when it was not?

Will I get compenstion from the period immediately after the two days you said I was without service, which still continues to this day?

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO SERVICE SINCE DEC.

Hi MarkyPB, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you were having issues with the landline we have looked into this and doesn't look like there is an issue, can you confirm if this is the case or you still need assistance with this? ^Chris

0 Kudos
MarkyPB
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As stated the phone line has been dead since end of Dec. it has not been fixed. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, the phone line is bringing back an error, we have booked an engineer for the following: 

Sch Date:  3/02/21  
 Sch Time: 4-7PM     

Chris

0 Kudos
MarkyPB
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Chris. 

Let's see if we can get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No worries, please let us know how it goes and let us know if there is any issues? Chris

0 Kudos
MarkyPB
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just to report that the engineer turned up last evening and fixed the problem within in an hour or so. He was a tad surprised that none of the previous engineers were able to do it! 

Thanks for your assistance.

I trust that the £8 per day comanstaion will be applied from two days after the fault was originally reported and not a random later date.

Regards,

M

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MarkyPB

Thanks so much for popping back with your update - glad that everything is working ok for you once again. 

With a total loss of telephone, the auto compensation will be added for any loss 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us; this will be done automatically within a few days of the issue being resolved and should appear on your next bill 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MarkyPB
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

I only asked because on 8 Jan after the first engineer had been I received an email claiming the matter was resolved (it had not) and commenting about the compensation. On our Jan bill (to 15.01) it gives a credit for only two days up to 7 Jan! 

I have numerous screen prints of subsequent appointments (one missed) and we were visited three or four (one totally unexpected) times by engineers who until the one last week failed to fix the problem.

As far as I am concerned the problem that was reported late Dec./early Jan. was only resolved on 3 Feb. and would expect the compensation to cover the whole period from the original date following the date the fault was reported.My worry is that because the Jan. bill only includes two days compensation some fictitious other date will be used by Virgin.

Mark

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, i am sorry to hear that. We would credit back as per the OFcom loss of service scheme. full details can be found here Chris

0 Kudos