cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DIAL TONE FROM HOME PHONE

michaelwilks2
On our wavelength

The one phone which I use constantly gives no dial tone. I followed your instructions and

1. Unscrewed the two small screws and slid out the bottom half of the face plate.
2. Plugged my phone into the test socket and tried to make a call.

Nothing happened - no ring - no dial tone.

Your guidance says "If you can't dial out at the test socket, then the line is likely to be at fault. You'll need to report it to your telephone service provider, which could well be us."

I cannot find anywhere else to report it - so please treat this as a report.

Thank you,

MW

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks for coming back to us on the forums @michaelwilks2.

I have checked the outage checker and the engineers have advised that this fault will be rectified by 10pm today, January 11th 2023.
Check back for further updates.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ilyas. Michael

No problem @michaelwilks2.

Let us know how it goes today evening.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi, Ilyas : it's FRIDAY morning and I still don't have my landline operating.
the website, "https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/address-identification/results" reports "We can’t see any issues affecting M7 4EL; Checked at 11:00 today." but when I call the complaints number, they tell me that there is an issue in my area and the engineers are woriking on it etc. etc.

Please tell if you have experience of such a long-lasting outage of service and what your view is as to when I get my landline back.

Thank you very much,
Michael

We're sorry to hear the fault is still being worked on michaelwilks2, the fault appears to be damaged cables and is logged under reference F010382385 with an estimated fix time of today (13th January) at noon. Sometimes the fault is more complex than originally anticipated which can delay the estimated fix times. Rest assured the engineers are working on this around the clock to fully resolve it as soon as possible.

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Hi @michaelwilks2, thanks for the getting back to us on the forums.

I've had a look at the ticket, the fix date is stating for today (January 15th) at 4pm.
Let us know how it is at 4.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Finally - working today 17 Jan 23 09:00h.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey michaelwilks2, thanks for this new post and your update.
We're glad to hear it's finally fixed and your landline is up and running again now!

It all looks good from our end now too, please feel free to reach out in case you have any issues with your service in the future and we're here to assist.
Have a lovely day 🙂

Adri
Forum Team