Menu
Malaufie
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mystery call charges

Since April I keep being charged for calls that I am not making. Anyone else?? Can’t get virgin to listen to me. We have a phone line but no physical phone so couldn’t have made these calls. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mystery call charges

The first thing VM will ask you to do is to connect a phone to the line to see if it actually has a connection. This is an important part of the fault finding, as its likely that there is a crossed line/connection in a cabinet between you & the cable headend. Usually these calls are being made by this crossed connection, but you have to prove your line is not working to get any kind of refund.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mystery call charges

Hi there @Malaufie

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're being charged for calls that you advise are not being made from your line. As our VIP @nodrogd has mentioned, this is most likely a crossed line with another number in the cabinet. 

I have located your account and can see that you have since been in touch with us about this and we have booked a technician out - however, I'd like to go through some further checks with you in the meantime to ensure the correct type of technician has been booked for you. 

Have you plugged a handset into your landline socket at all? If so, do you have any sort of dial tone? If you do have a dial tone, please call 175/175 - this will advise you what number  you are connected to. You can then check this number against the number on your online account to see if they match. If they are different, you have a crossed line. If they are the same, then the calls will most likely have been made from the property. 

What I'll do is pop you a Private Message so we can go through security with you in order to discuss your account further. Please do look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos