cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline phone has gone dead

bully9
Dialled in

No dialling tone. I've tried two different phones, but there seems to be something wrong with the line. Checked service status with VM who say there are "no known issues" in my area

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem please?

16 REPLIES 16

bully9
Dialled in

Having read some posts on this forum, it seems there is some sort of switchover going on??? I have no knowledge of this. VM have not contacted me about it. Is this the problem? What should i do?

Hi bully9, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline. 

There is a switchover being done however you will be notified of this in advance. Looking at things this end, this isn't affecting you and not planned for your area yet so this is not related to that. 

Running some checks on this end, we will need to get an engineer out to you to resolve things. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

bully9
Dialled in

I tried to reply to your PM but i kept getting the message

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied.

The message was NOT highlighted and - as you said you had corrected my message - i kept trying to send it. But it would not send and it kept giving me the error message. Then it told me i had reached my message limit and i must try again later.

What is going on? I need this phone to work urgently as i need it for 2-factor banking authentication.

Hi bully9, 

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies to hear you've had some issues. 

Make sure that you just type any responses in to the reply text box on the private message rather than copy and pasting from anywhere. This should allow the message to come through to us then. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

bully9
Dialled in

OK that worked. I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi bully9, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• ➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • ➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

bully9
Dialled in

It's over 24 hours now and still no appointment. I assume i have the correct page; the one where it says

It looks like you don't have any open orders!

Thanks for the reply @bully9 .

I've had a look and I can see there is an appointment booked.
Have you checked the appointments tab on the MyVM app?

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

bully9
Dialled in

I don't have the MyVM app (or a smartphone)

Am i looking in the right place?