Menu
mediasteve
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My landline number has randomly changed

This is weird. My mother called my landline, from the number programmed in to her phone and got a completely different person. So she called me on my mobile.  Shortly afterwards I received a call from a complete stranger asking for Mary.  I don’t know a Mary. So I thought, there’s something wrong here. So I dialled my mobile from my landline and a completely unknown number came up on the screen.  How can my number have been changed without me knowing? And more importantly, how can I get it switched back? 23 minutes on helpline and counting. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My landline number has randomly changed

Hi mediasteve,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums, we appreciate you coming here for help with your landline issue.

From what you have described, it sounds like you may have crossed phone lines with another local user. This is usually caused by cables being in the wrong place at the local cabinet.

I can see that you called us earlier today and spoke with our faults team. Were they able to arrange an engineer visit for you or provide a solution?

Let us know.

Beth

0 Kudos
mediasteve
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, thanks, yes I think so.  The other number that I’ve been swapped with had already booked an engineer so hopefully they’ll swap us back over.  It seems we had engineers working nearby last week so they probably crossed the wires. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @mediasteve

Please keep us updated and if this isn't resolved today, please let us know and we can look into this further for you and get it resolved.

Thanks

Steven_L

mediasteve
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now.  Apparently an engineer working in the area last week managed to connect some wires incorrectly. Fixed quite easily by a different engineer today.  

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us mediasteve with an update

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and if the issue re-emerges, do please come back to us

Take care

David_Bn

0 Kudos