Menu
mediasteve
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My landline number has randomly changed to another number

This is weird. My mother called my landline, from the number programmed in to her phone and got a completely different person. So she called me on my mobile.  Shortly afterwards I received a call from a complete stranger asking for Mary.  I don’t know a Mary. So I thought, there’s something wrong here. So I dialled my mobile from my landline and a completely unknown number came up on the screen.  How can my number have been changed without me knowing? And more importantly, how can I get it switched back? 23 minutes on helpline and counting. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My landline number has randomly changed to another number

Sorry to hear about the landline issue mediasteve and it sounds like there may be a crossed line in the cabinet. I've had a look at your details using the information we have on here and can see you've spoken to an agent who has advised that an engineer has been arranged to take a look.

To explain, your landline is linked to a cabinet outside and it's in there where the lines are crossed. Our engineer will be able to check yours and the other customer's line and correct them. Please wait until the engineer has fixed it and let us know if you have anymore problems.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos