Menu
Monnie64
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My landline no. won't accept incoming calls

My landline will not accept incoming calls, but I can make outgoing calls. I have checked connections and everthing appears to be fine (and connections must be, otherwise I couldn't make outgoing calls?). I've also used a different base and handset, thinking the problem is with the equipment, but that has made no difference. This is a problem that began on Saturday 27 March - I've left it until now, thinking the problem would correct itself. Can anyone assist, please? Thank you

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My landline no. won't accept incoming calls

Have you tried running the online tests via My Virgin Media to see if that identifies any fault?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

0 Kudos
Monnie64
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GoSlow. I have, thanks. It came back and said everything was okay with the equipment. I've checked, double-checked and triple-checked that I haven't accidentally activated call-blocking, or something like that, and I haven't. I may have to speak to someone at VM, who may be able to runs some tests, remotely, before I go down the route of requesting an engineer. Thanks for taking the time to come back to me - much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try calling 174 and confirm correct phone number, if number correct then try another phone, preferably a wired phone.  Failing that it could be a faulty master socket or low ring voltage from the LCN in the multiplexer in the street which would require a Visit to correct

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Monnie64 wrote:

Hi GoSlow. I have, thanks. It came back and said everything was okay with the equipment. <snip>

From your description, I think you have tried all that you can reasonably test yourself.

You can try phoning it in as a fault as you can still dial out. The time to call most regularly recommended on here to try is at 08:00 when the lines open for the best chance of getting through with least delay.

The forum team should hopefully pick this up quickly. They normally reply within a week but are usually faster. One of those two routes should hopefully get you a fix.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monnie64,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to receive incoming calls from your landline for some time now, although we do appreciate that you have tried everything on your end to try and fix the issue.

I've been able to locate your account and we haven't identified any real cause to the issue - everything looks fine from here. I've now booked in an engineer appointment for you so this can be looked into further. To view your appointment time slot, please sign into your My Virgin Media account.

Keep us posted with how the visit goes, and if you need anything else from us 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos