Menu
soosie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My landline is dead

My landline is dead and I cannot make or receive calls so can't ring 150 to book an engineer.

I have checked all my cables and sockets and they are all fine - my cordless phone is relatively new so I'm sure the problem is not with my handset.

I have called the 0345 number using my neighbour's telephone and did get a link texted to my mobile - but that only takes me to the standard website page which tells me to ring the 0345 number as you are not taking bookings for engineers online due to Covid19 ! Feel like I'm going round in circles ☹️

The online service checker says there are no known issues in my area however when making the call via my neighbour's phone the automated voice told me that there is a fault and I need to book an engineer. Problem - I need to speak to someone to book the engineer ! (or hold on for up to an hour on my neighbour's phone for an operator to answer.)

Please help as I need my landline to speak to family - especially during this terrible time.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My landline is dead

Sorry to hear about your landline soosie and understand you're eager to get it back up and running. I've had a peek at your details using the information we have on here and can see that an engineer has been booked since you last posted. Please wait for the visit and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
soosie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Lisa

Thank you for your reply - I had to go to my daughter's house early this morning to make the call (she's is also a Virgin customer so I could use the 150 number). It took nearly 40 minutes for the call to be answered but the gentleman who took my call was very helpful and has listed the callout as "priority", I just have to wait for a call on my mobile from the tech team to confirm. Just hoping that when they ring I've got a signal as it's very patchy here and I can't always answer before it cuts out !

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Soosie,

I can confirm it's been booked and the engineer may call you before the visit to let you know they're on their way. Please also see this link regarding the precautions we're taking for COVID 19 and make sure someone will be at your property for the engineer.

We hope to get your line back up and running and do let us know if you have any concerns or queries about the visit so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
soosie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that the engineer is definitely booked 😊

No problems here as I'm the only one at this address and, despite my age, am fit and well and abiding by all the regulations. As mobile signal in this area is not good he may find it easier to text me (they usually come through OK !) if he needs to contact me.

Regards

Soosie

0 Kudos
soosie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Lisa

I have just received a text from Virgin Media  (number +447800002204) as follows

"Hi, it's Virgin Media. We've put your service on hold while we investigate a network problem affecting your services. We'll update you when this is fixed"

Could you clarify please and give me a timescale as to when I'm likely to hear back and, more importantly, when normal service is likely to be resumed ?

Regards

Soosie

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear that your appointment has been cancelled @soosie, I have looked into this and can see that there is an area fault as per the message that you got earlier.

Any current technician visits would be cancelled as we believe that the issue will be resolved by fixing the area fault.

The current estimated fix time is around 19.20 this evening and we're hoping that your issue will be resolved by this, if you are still having issues after this time, please get in touch and we can look into this further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
soosie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Steven

Thank you for your reply. I have just re-checked my service status and see that the engineers have completed their work and I can confirm that my landline is now working again 😀 Fingers crossed it stays that way 😀

Regards

Soosie

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's great news soosie, thanks for coming back and confirming that for me .

I hope that you have no more issues with your landline but if you do, please get in touch and we can have a look into it for you.

Have a great day and a lovely Christmas soosie 🙂

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos