Menu
Marshy1956
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My landline is constantly engaged

My landline is constantly engaged. I called B&Q and when they tried to put me through to the department I wanted, the line went into a constant tone like it was dead. I put the phone down but now my line appears constantly engaged. I've tried unplugging the phones but no joy. Can you help.?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My landline is constantly engaged

Hi Marshy1956,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. How frustrating for this to happen, has anything changed with the line state since you posted here yesterday?

Do you still have the permanent engaged tone or are you now able to make calls as normal?

Let us know so we can assist you further .

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Marshy1956
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Miracles happen and it righted itself a few hours later. I think it was to do with my last caller somehow. They said they would put me through to the relevant department and that’s when it all went wrong. The line went dead and even though I hung up, I couldn’t make any more calls and my line was engaged. It stayed like that for a few hours then it was suddenly ok. Strange. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update and great to hear you're back up and running now!

I would recommend checking the cables from your handset are all secure and there isn't anything in the way of your handset being on the hanger maybe to try make sure this doesn't happen in future.

If you do need any further assistance though please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos