Menu
coliniking
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My land line is not working and virgin media does not call me back to arrange an engineer to arrive

My land line is not working.  I've not been able to get through to speak to anyone to help me get this fixed.  I've chatted to the webchat tech support and they promise an engineer will get back to me but nobody ever calls me.   My land line has been down for 2+ weeks now and I'm getting really stressed about this.  How do I get to speak to a human to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My land line is not working and virgin media does not call me back to arrange an engineer to arrive

You can speak to a human by calling 0345 454 1111 from a mobile telephone

coliniking
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My land line is not working and virgin media does not call me back to arrange an engineer to arrive

This requires me to enter my virgin password, but I don't have it anymore. So I am completely blocked from reporting a line fault so I can't get any further.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My land line is not working and virgin media does not call me back to arrange an engineer to ...

Welcome to our Community Forum coliniking and sorry to hear that your landline isn't working.

Can you give us more information about it such as is there a dial tone? When you spoke to the agent, what checks did they do and say? 

Thanks,

Lisa

coliniking
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My land line is not working and virgin media does not call me back to arrange an engineer to ...

No dial tone. No incoming or outgoing messages. I've worked through the entire triage process twice now. Rebooted router, checked wires, even bought a replacement land line phone - nothing.  They said an engineer would contact me on my mobile phone but nothing.

When I phone up virgin media for support I am asked for my account password, but I've forgotten it and I can't go any further to request an engineer.  The webchat folk just seem to have left me in a black hole and I can't get any success at getting an engineer arranged to even look at the problem.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI coliniking, we are sorry that you are having issues with the landline and we will send you a private message. -Chris 

0 Kudos