Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin landline is permanently engaged & I cannot dial out

Hi, I'm using my own Gigaset make triple set phone through a Virgin landline, its worked fine for a long time. Went to use it today & dialled out the number I wanted to call but there is no ring tone, tested it for incoming calls & the line is permanently engaged, so the phone cannot be used. I have unplugged all 3 handsets & checked to see if they are seated correctly in their cradles - which they are. I have unplugged the base station & the cradles for the other two phones then plugged back in again & still no luck. I have checked the Virgin 'landline test' through their website & it shows our line is engaged. I have tried calling Virgin helpdesk but each time have held on the line for 30 mins without being connected to anyone due to 'high call volume'.

Any suggestions please how I can rectify this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin landline will not dial out & is permanently engaged when someone calls

Hi, I'm using a Gigaset A455A triple set phone system through my Virgin landline, its been fine for a long time with no issues. Today I have been unable to dial out - when I dial a number there is no ring tone, when someone calls me the line is permanently engaged. I have checked to see if all 3 phones are seated in their cradles (one of which is the base station) - they are. I have unplugged all 3 then plugged in again. I have checked the batteries in all 3 phones - they are fine & I have taken the base station back to factory settings but still no joy. The triple phone system allows you to make 'internal calls' - this system works. So at the moment I cannot make or receive calls.

I have don e a landline phone test on the Virgin help line pages which shows that our phone is engaged. I have also tried phoning Virgin help line but each time have failed to connect with an adviser having waited on the line for 30 minutes due to 'high call volume'. Does the fault lie with the phone or the actual line? Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin landline will not dial out & is permanently engaged when someone calls

Multiple Threads Merged - Please do not post multiple threads on the same subject

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Virgin landline is permanently engaged & I cannot dial out

@EMW1 wrote:

<snip>

Any suggestions please how I can rectify this?

You have done what you reasonably can to test. Sounds like you probably have a line fault.

The only way you can eliminate your Gigaset phone as the problem is to either try another phone handset on your landline or try your Gigaset phone on a different landline to confirm it is still working. Neither of those is likely to be feasible to do safely or practically under the current coronavirus restrictions unless you happen to have an old corded phone lying around at home somewhere.

Wait for the forum team pick this up and sort it out for you. They normally reply within a few days but can take up to a week.

While waiting for the forum team, try again to phone in via mobile. The default advice on the forum is that calling early at 08:00 on a week day is the best chance to get through.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi EMW1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the phone. 

It sounds like you have run a few tests from your side to rule out a few potential causes, so thank you. 

i have tried to take a look from our side but I am struggling to locate your account from your Community details. 

I will pop you over a private message now and we can gather details from there 🙂 

The message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your response & suggestions but my problem seems to have resolved itself on its own! Checked the line this morning & it was working. I have had contact by a member of the forum team & have replied to them as well.
Thanks again for your response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi EMW1, 

We are very happy to hear the problem has been resolved and thank you for the update. 

If you experience any further problems, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thank you 

Nat
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome 🙂

Take care

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Forum Team

i have the exact same issue as EMW1 and have also gone through the various tests of my Gigaset on my Virgin Media phone line. I have had this issue for some weeks now. Can some please test my line and engage with me to resolve my issue as it has not rectified itself unlike EMW1.

I have pasted EMW1’s recent query by way of a reminder and to open new thread as my issue is ongoing.  I hope neither of you mind.

I'm using my own Gigaset make triple set phone through a Virgin landline, its worked fine for a long time. I recently went to use it & dialled out the number I wanted to call but there is no ring tone, tested it for incoming calls & the line is permanently engaged. People who have tried to call me have also experienced the permanent engaged tone so the phone cannot be used.

I have unplugged all 3 handsets & checked to see if they are seated correctly in their cradles - which they are. I have unplugged the base station & the cradles for the other two phones then plugged back in again & still no luck. I have checked the Virgin 'landline test' through their website & it shows our line is engaged. I have tried calling Virgin helpdesk but each time have held on the line for 30 mins without being connected to anyone due to 'high call volume’.

thank you

0 Kudos