cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Landline is down

andytheblacksmi
Joining in

My landline has been down for about a week now. I have checked to see if there is any faults with service in the area and there wasn't. Have been round in circles trying to get contact with Virgin media so thought I would try here.

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi andytheblacksmi,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've been without a working landline for a week.

Can we ask if you are currently using the master socket or have you using the TEL1 port in the back of your router?

There are a few things we need to try and of this does not work we will book an engineer for you. 

Can we ask if your able to try and alternative handset? (This will eliminate the equipment)

Also, remove any extensions and other equipment you have attached to your line, eg fax machines, modems etc.

Please try the above and come back to us if you require further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi.  

I think its the master socket and both of my phones in my house have no dialling tone 

Thanks for coming back to us andytheblacksmi,

We're you advised that we are switching over customers landlines to there hubs? Did you receive any notification and a telephone adaptor in the post?

If you did, can we ask you to plug your landline in to the back of your hub in TEL1 port and check if you have a dialling tone for us please? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

I did receive an email to inform me of home phone service but have not received any adapter 

Thanks for confirming for me andytheblacksmi.

I am going to pop you over a private message and take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi andytheblacksmi,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi.