Menu
ColinMcL1963
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving landline port or make it bluetooth

My landline port is in a room which is now my daughters bedroom. We want to move it but thought about making the connection Bluetooth so we would not have to. Is this possible and if so what is the best way and equipment to do this? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving landline port or make it bluetooth

It might be easier to make the phoneline a 21cv line which means it comes out of the broadband hub instead

0 Kudos
ColinMcL1963
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that JB66,

How would I go about doing that?  Should I contact Virgin Media and ask them to convert it? 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ColinMcL1963, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Upon checking your account using your forums details I can confirm that your account is not eligible for 21CV unfortunately. It is area related rather than directly you not being able to have it. We would be able to arrange for an engineer to come and move the port but just to confirm that will be £99, and the charge will be added to the next bill we produce for you after the socket’s been installed. 

I hope this clears some things up for you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
ColinMcL1963
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update. Is there some kind of Bluetooth device that can be fitted into the port that would save me from moving it ? Or am I stuck with just cordless sets? 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I am being honest with you that is something you would be best coming to your own conclusion on as I wouldn't want to give you information that isn't relevant to what you need. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ColinMcL1963 wrote:

Thanks for the update. Is there some kind of Bluetooth device that can be fitted into the port that would save me from moving it ? Or am I stuck with just cordless sets? 

Or buy a long extension cable.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos