Menu
JHo1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving Phone Socket

Due to kitchen work, my existing Virgin phone socket needs to be moved to another room. How do I book an engineer? Thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving Phone Socket

Normally you could phone in or wait on here for a forum team member. Standard cost is £99 for a non-fault technician visit. But VM do not seem to be doing this kind of task at the moment until restrictions are eased further.

Is the socket the master socket or an extension? If it is an extension then you are allowed to alter that yourself once disconnected from the master faceplate but you cannot alter/move the master socket itself or its cable.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Go through the normal faults route to book this.

You will need to bear in mind that:

1) As a non fault callout you will be charged £99 for any work done.

2) As the callout is non fault related it will now join a large queue of jobs of this type which have been differed due to COVID lockdown restrictions.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JHo1.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂 

As so helpfully advised by @goslow and @nodrogd, as this is a non fault call out which has a standard cost of £99. With current restrictions, we are only completing essential work. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its also possible that VM will not move the phone master socket and will just switch you to the Hub based service. It seems unlikely they will install a new socket/move the socket for a service they are moving everyone away from