Menu
cmteach42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moved house and keeping phone number

I've just moved house and have transferred my broadband to the new address. I was told I'd have a temporary number for a couple of days, then my old number would be transferred across. I've just checked and I have no dial tone on my phone at all. Does this happen when the number is being ported, or is it likely I have a fault with the line?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved house and keeping phone number

sounds like a fault with the line.
Are you connecting to a phone line or the hub.
All new installs now use the phone line connected to the hub
cmteach42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is really helpful thanks, as I hadn't realised the phone needs to plug into the hub. I can't do this as I don't have the cable, which according to the instructions, I should have received in my moving pack. Looks like I'll have to call them again...

0 Kudos
cmteach42
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Currently been on phone for 38 minutes. Apparently I'm waiting to be connected to technical support just to get a phone cable. This is infuriating. Can anyone advise a quicker route to doing this?

0 Kudos
cmteach42
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They can't send me a cable or adaptor through the post so I have had to book an engineer visit just to bring me an adaptor in 6 days' time. Shocking service.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello cmteach42

Really sorry to hear this has happened 

Its not good that you have to wait for the engineer to attend

It is always best though to get an engineer booked in, just in case the fault is else where

Can you please let me know hen its all fixed so I can send you a Private Message to arrange a loss of service credit 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos