cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move landline number from Talktalk

itswal
Tuning in

Heres my question, i moved to Virgin and requested my number be ported over.This failed but i was not informed (this then led to my talktalk account being left open as Virgin had not requested my number be ported and thus close my account)

After we found the number had not been ported, i have contacted Virgin 3 times since with an hour conversation each time in order to see what they can do - i have had to do all the chasing and noone from Virgin has ever contacted me - apparantly they are having a 4th attempt, my talktalk account is still open (amazingly talktalk have been more helpful when my complaint reached someone who has credited my account to cover the charges that i have accrued).

I feel its pretty terrible when i have had to do all the chasing, and had no answer, and when i talk to the support teams at Virgin, they seem unable to do anything apart from to put the request in again - Am i able to leave virgin and cancel my account without cost if they have not managed to port my number?

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you @itswal!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the number port.

From Virgin Media's viewpoint, when both landlines are active, we can only request the phone number from the previous provider (which in this case is TalkTalk) and then require this to be released so it can be accepted onto our network.

If the previous providers landline service has been cancelled, or if this is port request is not accepted, the port would not be completed.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll look into this for you, and if you want the port completing, I'll seek to do this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

i would agree with you, however having had numerous discussions with talktalk the actual request to port my number has never reached talktalk. the requests seem to be failing at Virgins side, however i have never been informed of these failures . my phone number is still live and my accounts exist with both talktalk and virgin.
i spent an hour on the phone yesterday to your team who concluded they will put in a request to port my number (the 4th attempt - obviously pointless at this point as they changed no details frem every other attempt) and yeey more irritating is the lack of contact from Virgin regarding this.

Thanks for coming back to us, if you would like to me take a closer look into this, do please respond to my private message from earlier this morning

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

well after only a few hours and numerous phone calls our number finally got moved over. thanks David for your assistance and perseverence. id suggest if you have issues that the community pages in this experience seemed to manage what my numerous phone calls have never managed to do

Thanks for you kind words @itswal, it was a pleasure getting this resolved for you!

I can see you've dropped me a PM expressing your gratitude also 🙂

Do feel free to drop me another private message if you require further assistance with the phone line

Kindest regards,

David_Bn