cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola FW500

whatgoeson
Tuning in

Our new broadband service includes the emergency back-up line as well as unlimited week-end phone calls. The phone installed is the motorola FW500. There is no manual included. I understand that I can use the phone for 999 calls if broadband fails but can I also use the phone for normal calls while connected to Virgin Broadband (e.g. to call customer service on 150) or do I need a separate phone to use Virgin home phone. Alternatively, will my CISCO phone work or my Siemens Gigaset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Whatgoeson, thanks for posting on our forum page and a warm welcome to the community.

As you asked in regard to the phone through fibre service, please visit this link where we hold all the information related to this change on the landline and how to use it.

We can also advise that your devices would most likely be compatible with the service, however you may address this to the manufacturer in case you're not sure (or have a read at the manual if you have this).
You would not need a separate device to call 150 etc, as long as the internet is on you may call any number as normal and if on a weekend they will be free of charge too.

We hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions or concerns.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Whatgoeson, thanks for posting on our forum page and a warm welcome to the community.

As you asked in regard to the phone through fibre service, please visit this link where we hold all the information related to this change on the landline and how to use it.

We can also advise that your devices would most likely be compatible with the service, however you may address this to the manufacturer in case you're not sure (or have a read at the manual if you have this).
You would not need a separate device to call 150 etc, as long as the internet is on you may call any number as normal and if on a weekend they will be free of charge too.

We hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions or concerns.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs