Menu
Mikeditt
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

More problems with Virgin

Yet again, I have a problem with my landline.  No dialling tone for 36 hours.  There is nothing on the website - no known problem on the service status.  But I was told to ring them when I tried a test.  I did so four times yesterday from a mobile. Each operator was more clueless than the next. No information or help.  I rang this morning and was finally put through to the technical team.  The operator said that there was an outage in the area.  I don't know whether to believe this.  I don't have the usual 'Check your connection' message on my phone, which comes up far too often because of these outages. And yet they won't send an engineer. I am disabled and rely on the landline, only using the mobile for emergencies.  

Why does Virgin treat its customers like this? Why do they make it so hard to contact them?  I have stayed with them out of indolence and habit, but I recently posted on Facebook and every single reply expressed dissatisfaction with them.  I am finally going to look into changing.  Meanwhile I'd be most grateful if anyone has any information on how to bypass the endless gatekeepers and get an engineer.  And indeed, find out if there's a genuine outage.   Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: More problems with Virgin

Hi MikeDitt, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your landline services recently. 
I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an issue with the landlines within your area. 
This is due to be fixed today at 5:50pm but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you.

Please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience the other customer service agents caused whilst you tried to investigate this, I will send this back as feedback for the team in order to try and improve our processes. I do hope that this issue is fixed in a timely manner and that we can reignite your faith in us.

We would be truly saddened to see you leave us after so long!
Thanks, 
Megan_L

0 Kudos