Menu
St3v3o66
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing telephone cable/adapter

So, received my new Hub 3 this week. Connected everything up, and all seemed good. TV & Broadband running well. 

However, when I went to connect the phone, there was no telephone cable/adapter in the box, so I can't use my home phone.

Does anyone know the easiest way to order a phone cable for teh Hub 3? The online help tells you lots of things, but there's no easy way just to order a basic piece of kit that I can find!

Thanks for any input

Steve

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing telephone cable/adapter

The adapter often seems to be missing from the VM kit of parts as-supplied from some past posts on here.

The forum team has sometimes arranged for missing adapters to be dropped off by a local technician. However, it is a cheap part so you may want to just get one yourself more quickly. The adapter is shown in the bottom left pic. here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

You need a RJ11 plug (which goes into the hub) to a BT socket (where you plug in your phone). Do a Google search and buy from your preferred online supplier. They should cost just a few pounds. They are common, generic parts so those which cost more are not necessarily of any better quality.

Some types of phone (mostly old equipment) require the adapter to have a ringing capacitor inside to make the phone ring (which would be in the adapter product description). Most modern phones though do not require this and a standard adapter would do.

If you want to wait for the forum team to respond, they might be able to arrange one for you. They can take upto a week to reply.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing telephone cable/adapter

Hi St3v3o66, thanks for your post - apologies for the delayed response.

Apologies for not receiving the adapter as well. If this is something you still need help with now, please get back to me via PM confirming the requested details so we can get this ordered for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos